Former Barclays bosses face London trial over Qatari cash call

Webcide.com is  the first and only online reputation management company that permanently removes negative search results about you 
and your business from the Internet
If you want just to “push down” or “bury” search results , please go to any other ORM company . But if you need to Remove Negative Information from the Internet, permanently , Contact Us Today for a Free and Confidential Consultation 
NO UPFRONT FEES  and NO MONTHLY RETAINERS 
you pay only and exclusively after the removal
Fix your Online Reputation within days , by de-indexing negative Google search results , including the removal of bad press and hostile blogs , take down of embarrassing videos and pictures , mugshots, jail records , defamation articles , fake news and fake reviews .
Contact us today at [email protected]
We offer you the ultimate reputation repair solution : total removal of your negative search results

 

.

How to Remove Negative Information from the Internet ?

 https://www.webcide.com/

1 / 5 FILE PHOTO: Former Barclays banker, John Varley, arrives at Southwark Crown Court, in central London FILE PHOTO: Former Barclays banker, John Varley, arrives at Southwark Crown Court, in central London, Britain July 17, 2017. REUTERS/Tolga Akmen/File Photo By Kirstin Ridley
LONDON (Reuters) – The most senior bankers to face criminal charges in Britain over conduct during the financial crisis are preparing to appear before a London jury in a trial that will test the mettle of the Serious Fraud Office.
Former Barclays CEO John Varley and three one-time colleagues stand charged over deals with Qatari investors to secure cash injections that allowed the bank, that can trace its origins back to around 1690, to survive the crisis a decade ago.
The trial, that started on Monday and is slated to last for up to four months, is starting with lengthy legal, procedural arguments. Prosecutors are expected to open their case around Jan. 21.
Varley, who married into one of the families that helped build Barclays, Roger Jenkins, the one-time chairman of the Middle Eastern banking arm, Tom Kalaris, an American former wealth division CEO and Richard Boath, a former European divisional head, are charged with conspiracy to commit fraud.
Lawyers for Boath and Kalaris declined to comment, while legal representatives for the other defendants did not respond to requests for comment.
When charges were filed in June 2017, a lawyer for Jenkins said his client would vigorously defend himself against the allegations. Boath said at the time he had no case to answer.
Barclays secured around 12 billion pounds in emergency funds from mainly Gulf investors as markets plunged in 2008, allowing it to avoid the state bailouts taken by rivals Royal Bank of Scotland and Lloyds .
Qatar Holding – part of the Qatar Investment Authority sovereign wealth fund – and Challenger, an investment vehicle of former Qatari prime minister Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jabr al-Thani, invested about 6 billion pounds in the bank.
But the SFO, which prosecutes serious white collar crime, has charged the men over “capital raising arrangements” with Qatar Holding and Challenger in June and October 2008.
Qatar, a major investor in Britain, has not been accused of wrongdoing.
Lawyers say the performance of the SFO will be under as much scrutiny as that of the well-heeled defendants after a court threw out its separate charges against Barclays over the capital raising – and a judge last month halted its prosecution of former senior Tesco supermarket managers mid-trial.
Lisa Osofsky, who took the top job at the agency last August, has stood back from handling the Barclays case because of a potential conflict of interest linked to her previous work. Mark Thompson, who was appointed interim SFO head until Osofsky took up the post, is overseeing the case.
The new year has started briskly for the SFO. Its retrial of three former Barclays traders accused of plotting to rig Euribor global interest rates kicks off on Jan. 14. A jury was unable to reach a verdict in their case last year.
(Reporting by Kirstin Ridley; Editing by Keith Weir)

We takedown permanently negative information from the Internet , we remove articles, blog pages , images, videos and posts from the Web ,we remove defamation sites and all kind of negative Google search results .
The removal process takes about 2 months and there are NO UPFRONT FEES and NO MONTHLY RETAINERS , contact us at [email protected] :
We ERASE PERMANENTLY FAKE information, reputation attacks, and smear campaigns that are damaging your business, your name, and your career from the Internet and from Google, Yahoo and Bing search results .
The Removal Process takes about 60 days , this is the time needed in order to clean up permanently your negative reputation .
The de-indexing procedures from Google, Yahoo and Bing , are complex and extremely time consuming , but at the end of the process , all negative search results on those major search engines , are completely removed , forever .

Webcide.com is the World’s Number one Authority in Negative Online Public Relations Services !  
If you Google the term “ negative public relations “ , you will see that we are on top of page one .We are top leaders in the field of Negative Online PR Campaigning . 
At Webcide.com , we have a team of Negative PR experts that creates extremely powerful negative online PR campaigns , while creating reputational risks to companies targeted . 
If you want to start a massive negative online PR campaign against your competitors , contact us for a free and confidential consultation .